There is nothing in your basket!
- GPS Training - Cotswolds
- GPS Training - Fife
- GPS Training - Lakes
- GPS Training - New Forest
- GPS Training - Northamptonshire
- GPS Training - Northumberland
- GPS Training - Peak District
- GPS Training - South Downs
- GPS Training - All Garmin 2 day course
- GPS Training - All Satmap courses
join our mailing list to receive offers and updates.
This training day is designed to introduce you to the principals of GPS Navigation using your Active 10/12, 20 and how you could use GPS as an aid to navigation at home or abroad. The day will be a practical hands-on training day with the morning session mainly outdoors covering navigation on the map page using POI’s and Routes.
The afternoon session will explore and demonstrate the use of SatMap’s unique in the clouds Xpredition planning & sharing software, we will demonstrate to you how to plan a route using Xpedition software and send it to your GPS using SatSync Software.
Please bring your GPS with OS GB Map or map covering the Lakes area and USB cable supplied with your unit.
Tea & Coffee supplied morning & afternoon – Please bring your own lunch.
Session 1 - Morning 9.30am to 1pm approx
- Introduction to GPS & how the GPS system works (Indoors)
- Install batteries & Maps on SD cards (Indoors)
- Switch on & Menus & Soft Keys (Indoors)
- Setup your GPS for use at home & abroad (Indoors) GPST worksheet provided
- Calibrate Compass (Indoors)
- Navigate to location by entering map co-ordinates (Outdoors)
- Use the map page to mark location and GoTo (Outdoors)
- Navigate Route created on the map page (Outdoors)
- Follow a route from the routes menu
- Understand how Trails work (Outdoors)
- The importance of Housekeeping when using Trails & Trip data. (Indoor session)
Session 2 - Afternoon 1pm to 4.00pm approx
- An introduction to Xpedition and how it works
- About Free & Premium Xpedition and what you get for your money
- Demonstration on how to connect your Active 10/12/20 to a Windows PC and access Xpedition (Indoors)
- Demonstration on using SatSYNC (Windows Version only) to send saved GPX to your Active 10/12/20 (Indoors)
- Follow route sent to Active 10/12, 20 (Outdoors)
- On-going support & training using GPS Training online resource (Indoors)
- Final questions (Indoors)
Please note SatMaps SatSync software for the Active10/12/20 is currently only compatible for Windows users and not Mac users, you can Transfer Routes directly to the Active20 on a Mac without the need for SatSync.
The course covers the practical side of using your GPS device and only a demonstration on the Windows SatSync Software hence you do not need to bring a computer with you as we will not be training on the computer side of things on this 1 day practical course.
Rothbury, Northumberland - NE65 7SG (road miles to)
Alnwick – 11 miles
Newcastle upon Tyne – 35 miles
Durham – 55 miles
Edinburgh – 80 miles
York – 115 miles
Leeds – 135 miles