There is nothing in your basket!
- Garmin Outdoor GPS Units - With OS mapping
- Garmin GPS units - with full GB 1:50k maps
- Garmin GPS units - with full GB 1:25k maps
- Garmin GPS Units - With Birdseye voucher
- Garmin Outdoor GPS Units - With TopoActive
- Garmin Outdoor GPS Units - With TOPO light
- Garmin inReach - Satellite Communicator
- SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger and Tracker
- Garmin Cycling GPS Units
- Garmin Wrist GPS Units
- Satmap GPS units
- Reduced to clear - GPS & Wrist Units
- Garmin GPS Accessories
- Satmap GPS Accessories
- Garmin Mapping
- Satmap Mapping
- Open Street Maps - Garmin GPS
- Power and Batteries
- Open Street Maps - Garmin GPS and PC
- Open Street Maps - Garmin GPS and Mac
- GPS - Online resource - Online training courses
- Garmin - fitness products
- Digital Maps - Memory Maps
accessories and mapping
All orders in the UK - £0.00
join our mailing list to receive offers and updates.
Free UK postage and our Free Gold Support Package
Superb bundle offer - e-Trex 30x with BirdsEye Select Voucher offering 3,000 sq km of OS Explorer 25k mapping worth £19.99.
Handheld GPS with 3-axis Compass, Enhanced Display and Preloaded Mapping
2.2 inch crystal clear colour display
Preloaded Western Europe Garmin TopoActive map with shaded relief
High-sensitivity, GPS receiver with HotFix® and GLONASS support
4GB internal memory. Expand further with a microSD™ card (not included).
3-axis compass and barometric altimeter
Worldwide basemap with shaded relief
eTrex 30x is our upgraded version of the popular eTrex 30, with enhanced screen resolution and extended internal memory to hold more maps. The preloaded Garmin TopoActive supports and enhances a range of outdoor activities, such as hiking, geocaching, cycling, mountaineering and fishing. eTrex 30x has superior features compared to eTrex 30, while maintaining its ease-of-use, affordability and legendary durability.
----- ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR GPS FROM GPS TRAINING -----
We don't just sell you a box with a GPS unit in. In with the price we teach you how to use it (via a webinar) and our online training course (online resource), give you free factsheets and training manuals (in with your unit) and are only ever a telephone call away if you ever need any help.
PLUS - All GPS units are kept in stock and is sent out Royal Mail Special Delivery, so it will be with you the next working day (if ordered before 15.30).
Buy and Learn from the experts - GPS Training.
With this GPS purchase you get our 'gold' support package for 1 year (see below) - worth £120.00
See the Way
eTrex 30x has an enhanced 2.2 inch, 65K colour, sunlight-readable display. Durable and water-resistant, eTrex 30x is built to withstand the elements. It has an upgraded interface yet retains its toughness to withstand dust, dirt, humidity or water.
New Tools for Your Trek
The new in-built 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass keeps your bearings even when you’re standing still or not holding it level. Also added is a barometric altimeter that tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your altitude. Use it to plot barometric pressure over time to help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Fit your eTrex 30x just about anywhere, using an array of compatible mounts. Use the auto mount capability and City Navigator NT® maps for turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your bike or quad. You can even mount to a boat for fishing or sailing trips.
The eTrex series can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously – it has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using just GPS. What’s more, the time it takes to “lock on” to a position is (on average) 20% faster than using GPS alone. With its high-sensitivity EGNOS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, eTrex locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep valleys.
Preloaded Garmin TopoActive Map
eTrex 30x comes preloaded with the new Garmin TopoActive map of Western Europe, a perfect starting point for your first recreational activity with GPS. The map provides relevant useful information for activities like hiking and cycling, it's routable and shows elevation changes. Garmin TopoActive map of Western Europe covers the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the Vatican City.
Use the microSD™ card slot to load additional advanced maps – like Topo maps, BlueChart® g2 marine maps or City Navigator® NT maps. eTrex 30x also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required) to download and integrate with your maps.
eTrex 30x lets you share your routes, geocaches and other user data wirelessly with other compatible devices. Simply press “send” to transfer your information and share your adventure with friends.
eTrex also connects to compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB™ and accessory sensors, including tempe™, foot pod and heart rate monitor.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity, EGNOS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, eTrex locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep valleys.
eTrex 30x supports paperless geocaching GPX files for endless geocaching adventures. Just visit Take control of your next adventure with BaseCamp™. The free, trip-planning software allows you to view and organise maps, routes and more, and even create Garmin Adventures to share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2D or 3D on your computer screen, as well as a vast array of satellite images when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Garmin TopoActive is based on OSM mapping data, map quality depends heavily on local mapping coverage, Garmin cannot guarantee the quality and completeness of mapping data
Physical dimensions - 5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm
Display size, WxH - 3.5 x 4.4 cm; 2.2" diag (5.6 cm)
Display resolution, WxH - 240 x 320 pixels
Display type - 2.2" transflective, 65K colour TFT
Weight - 141.7 g with batteries
Battery - 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
Battery life - Up to 25 hours
Water rating - IPX7
Interface - USB
Camera - No
Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units)
Maps & Memory
Yes - Garmin TopoActive map of Western Europe
Ability to add maps
Built-in memory - 3.7 GB including preloaded maps
Accepts data cards - microSD™ card (not included)
Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
Waypoints/favorites/locations - 2000
Routes - 200
Track log - 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) - Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
Geocaching-friendly - Yes (Paperless)
Custom maps compatible
Sun and moon information
Tide tables - Yes (with optional Bluechart)
Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
THE MAIN difference between this unit (eTrex 30x) and the eTrex 20x is that this unit DOES HAVE -
1. 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter
2. Unit-to-unit wireless data transfer capabilities for routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches whilst the eTrex 20x does not.
in the box
eTrex 30x with Birdseye voucher
• eTrex 30x pre loaded with Garmin TopoActive map of Western Europe
• Birdseye Voucher enabling you to download 3,000 sq km of 1:25k mapping
• USB cable
Only from GPS Training you also get in the box -
• Username and password for GPS Training online resource (Worth £25.00)
• Step by step guide on how to download your mapping using the Birsdeye Voucher
• Getting started with Garmin BaseCamp factsheet
• Info about how to join your two free Webinars (you can attend at no cost)
• How do I download the mapping? We put a step by step guide in with your GPS to help you through this process
• How much mapping is 3,000 sq km? A good guide is - Lake District National Park is 2,200 sq km
• What scale can I downlaod with the Birdseye Voucher? 1:25 k mapping
• Can I put a pre loaded mapping card in this unit? Yes you can
What other mapping as available?
• Full UK at 1:50k - £199.99
• Purchase a national park region mapping card from GPS Training
• Purchase a full GB 1:25k map card from GPS Training.
• Purchase this unit pre bundled with the 1:25k, 1:50k and 1:250k mapping card.
What batteries does the unit use? - 2 x AA batteries
• You can purchase the Garmin rechargable battery pac
• Purchase some good quality rechargable batteries. You can read a factsheet here.