There is nothing in your basket!
- Garmin Outdoor GPS Units - With OS mapping
- Garmin GPS units - with full GB 1:50k maps
- Garmin GPS units - with full GB 1:25k maps
- Garmin GPS Units - With Birdseye voucher
- Garmin Outdoor GPS Units - With TopoActive
- Garmin Outdoor GPS Units - With TOPO light
- Garmin inReach - Satellite Communicator
- Garmin Cycling GPS Units
- Garmin Wrist GPS Units
- Memory Map GPS units
- Satmap GPS units
- Garmin GPS Accessories
- Satmap GPS Accessories
- Garmin Mapping
- Satmap Mapping
- Open Street Maps - Garmin GPS
- Power and Batteries
- Open Street Maps - Garmin GPS and PC
- Open Street Maps - Garmin GPS and Mac
- GPS - Online resource - Online training courses
- Garmin - fitness products
- Digital Maps - Memory Maps
accessories and mapping
All orders in the UK - £0.00
join our mailing list to receive offers and updates.
FEB 2017 offer - FREE UK P+P and FREE 6,000 sq km of 1:25k OS maps (via Birdseye download) - worth over £40.00
The Garmin Oregon 650 uses the latest software and GPS technology to keep you on track and updated in any conditions, with an outdoor-perfected screen for great readability in bright sun or gloomy shade. This is the third substantial upgrade this unit has gone through and what a result, a great touch screen GPS unit.
This unit is bundled with the most recent mapping card (updated 2015) GB Discoverer 1:50K OS Mapping for the whole of Great Britain (worth £200 when sold separately) - all of GB's OS Landranger maps on a micro SD card in one portable unit, just plug the card in and you're ready to go!
The Garmin GB Discoverer OS Mapping does not cover Northern or Southern Ireland, if you require mapping for these areas, we can load on to the memory of your unit Free of Charge some Open Source Mapping for these areas.
Please advise us in the Delivery Instructions at Checkout if you require this additional mapping.
----- ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR GPS FROM GPS TRAINING -----
We don't just sell you a GPS unit. In with the price we teach you how to use it (via a webinar) and our online training course (online resource), give you free facsheets and training manuals (in with your unit) and are only ever a telephone call away if you ever need any help.
Buy and Learn from the experts - GPS Training.
PLUS - Free Webinars - worth £39.98 - to get you to grips with your new Garmin GPS you get FREE places on our two Webinars - Getting started with your Garmin GPS and Getting to know BaseCamp.
PLUS - Receive a FREE copy of getting started with Your Oregon 600 guide - compiled exclusively by GPS Training for our customers.
PLUS - Receive a FREE copy of our factsheet - Garmin BaseCamp explained. Please enter in the Additional Comments box in Shipping Details at checkout, if you require Windows or MAC version of our BaseCamp Factsheet
PLUS - Receive 12 months FREE access to the whole of our online GPS training resource GPS training - online resource (worth £25.00)
PLUS - FREE set up of your GPS unit (including installing and checking mapping card and setting unit up for UK) before it leaves GPS Training. So you take it out of the box and can start using it straight away.
PLUS - FREE ongoing support from our GPS training experts.
PLUS - Part exchange available on this item.
PLUS - for February 2017 only - FREE UK delivery. All GPS units are kept in stock and are sent out Royal Mail Special Delivery, so it will be with you the next working day (if ordered before 15.00 hrs).
The Oregon 650 is packed full of some great features.
• Comes with a 8mb camera which also geotags the location you took each of the pictures.
• Combining the GPS and GLONASS satellite network gives access to up to 24 extra satellites and means locking on is more accurate and approximately 20% faster, while Hotfix® satellite prediction maintains GPS location even in heavy cover or deep valleys.
• The 3-axis compass has automatic tilt adjustment that ensures an accurate bearing whether you're moving, resting, or holding the unit at an angle. A barometric altimeter logs your altitudeand can be used over time to build up a picture of changing weather conditions.
• The ability to pinch-zoom and tilt between portrait and landscape views makes it easy to get your bearings quickly, and the screen is very responsive even when wearing most types of gloves. Full track view is a new feature that allows you to see your entire elevation view and quickly move to any point, while future plot uses mapping data to tell you what to expect ahead. Free BaseCamp™ software can be downloaded from Garmin and allows you to view and organise your maps, waypoints, routes and tracks in 2D or 3D before uploading to the unit for use on the go.
• The Oregon 650 is also Bluetooth compatible which enables smartphone connectivity via the BaseCamp mobile app, so you can share your adventures online as you travel. Large files like custom maps and routes can also be transferred to other Oregon 650 series units, and the ANT wireless capability means you can connect with optional extras like heart rate or temperature sensors to add an extra level of detail to your experience. Large numbers of geocaching GPX files can be downloaded straight to the unit for paperless geocaching, with the unit displaying location, terrain and difficulty as well as hints and tips where available. Caches can be easily filtered to make searching as simple as possible.
• 3 inch capacitive dual orientation colour touch screen
• Waterproof standard: IPX7
• Battery: Rechargeable battery pack supplied (can also use AA batteries)
• Battery life: up to 16 hours
• 3.5 GB internal memory with micro SD card slot for memory expansion.
• Customizable user profiles for different activities
• 3D electronic compass
• Barometric altimeter
• Paperless Geocaching
• BT/BLE/ANT compatible
• High Speed USB interface
• Comes with full GB Ordnance mapping at 1:50,000
• 8MP autofocus camera
in the box
Oregon 650 Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50k
• Oregon 650
• Garmin Rechargable battery pack
• Charging plug to charge unit (with battery pack in)
• USB/charging cable
• GB Discoverer® 1:50k full GB coverage on microSD™ card (2015 edition)
• Carabiner clip
Only from GPS Training you also get in the box -
• GPS Training getting started guide
• Username and password for GPS Training online resource (Worth £25.00)
• Getting started with Garmin BaseCamp factsheet
• Info about how to join your two free Webinars (you can attend at no cost)
1. Is it worth the extra money compared to the Oregon 600?
• We personally think so. The Oregon 650 is £60.00 more than the Oregon 600.
• Reason 1 - You get the Garmin Rechargable battery pack (worth £19.99)
• Reason 2 - Having a fully waterproof 8 mp camera in your hand is brilliant.
2. What is the best way to get 1:25k mapping?
• Purchase a national park region mapping card from GPS Training
• Purchase a full GB 1:25k map card from GPS Training.
• Purchase this unit pre bundled with the 1:25k, 1:50k and 1:250k mapping card.
3. If I go overseas lots what other mapping options are there?
• Open Street mapping. GPS Training provide these on a micro sd card
• Garmin overseas mapping. Just get in touch
4. How do I access my free training that I get when I buy a GPS from GPS Training?
• You will receive everything you need to access this in with your GPS.
• You will receive a username and password so you can access the GPS online resource (online training course) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
5. What are the Webinars that I get free with my GPS Purchase?
• Webinars are live training courses you access via your computer, led by one of our trainers. They look at a subject (either basic GPS usage or Basecamp - you have access to two webinars) and all webinars are followed up with comprehensive course notes and factsheets.
6. Does the GB Discoverer 1:50k Mapping cover Northern & Southern Ireland?
• No the GB Discoverer Mapping does not cover Ireland, if required we can install on to the internal memory of your unit some Open Source mapping for Ireland free of charge.
If you require this additional mapping please advise us in the Delivery instructions at Checkout.