Downloading GeoCaches to a Garmin GPS
How to download GeoCaches to your Garmin GPS and then find them on unit so you can go GeoCaching.
One of the most popular websites to use for Geocaching is http://www.geocaching.com/
You need to first register on this site as a Basic Member.
1. To be able to send Geocaches directly from the geocaching.com website you need to install Garmin Communicator Plugin
First connect your GPS device to your computer
Download this software from the following link below:
2. Go to the geocaching.com website and login with your registered details.
3. On the homepage you can search for Geocaches in your location or elsewhere.
4. A list of Geocaches in order of distance from the location that you have searched for will be displayed.
5. You can click on each Geocache to display more information about it.
6. Within the Geocache information page you will see a box ‘Send to My GPS’ click on this to send the Geocache to your device.
7. A send to GPS box will appear, if your device is not shown click on the find device box and also make sure that you have not got a pop up blocker, blocking the process.
8. Once your device is displayed, click on the ‘Write box’ and the Geocache will be sent to your device.
Geocaching.com - Premium Members Geocache Downloads to your Garmin GPS
If you are a Premium Member of geocaching.com thanks to there recent collaboration with Garmin, geocaching.com Premium members can now send a list of geocaches to their Garmin GPS device with the click of a button.
Making geocaching with your Garmin GPS easier than ever.
This is how it works:
1. Download the latest version of Garmin Express.
2. Search for geocaches you want to find.
3. Add those caches to a list.
4. Visit My Lists.
5. Select ‘Send to Garmin.’
6. Unplug and go geocaching!
Please watch the Video Guide to the above below:
Finding and Navigating to your Geocaches in your GPS Device
1. On your device go into the setup screen – select map – select dashboard – select Geocache
2. On your main screen – select Where To? – Geocaches – all of the Geocaches within your device will be displayed – select the Geocache that you want to navigate to.
3. Touch on the ‘Go’ icon to start navigation.
4. At the top of your map page you can press the small arrow to select and deselect the Geocache directional compass draw.
5. You can also with the compass page, by pressing the 3 bars displayed on screen change the dashboard of this main compass to the Geocaching display.
6. Whilst you are navigating to a Geocache if you go to the main menu and select ‘Geocaching’ extra information will be displayed about the Geocache and you can also log here that you have found it etc.