There is nothing in your basket!
- GPS Training - Lakes
- GPS Training - New Forest
- GPS Training - Northamptonshire
- GPS Training - Northumberland
- GPS Training - Peak District
- GPS Training - Scottish Borders
- GPS Training - South Downs
- GPS Training - All Garmin 2 day course
- GPS Training - All Satmap courses
join our mailing list to receive offers and updates.
GPS Training - Garmin Day 1 - Getting to Grips with GPS Navigation Basics
If you are considering making your first GPS purchase or have bought one of the new generation of Garmin GPS with OS maps and would like to find out how to get the best from your new device, maps and free BaseCamp PC software then this one day training course is for you.
The course will be a very practical day with you getting hand-on with either your own GPS or one of our loan units. The aim of the day is that you will leave the course with the skills to navigate using a GPS confidently using waypoints, routes and tracks, and understand how you can use Garmin's free utility BaseCamp to buy additional maps, send user data like routes & trails to/from your device and how to manage your data files.
On our course you will:
- Learn how to setup your Garmin GPS correctly
- Find out what the various pages show
- Understand what the buttons & keys tell us
- Learn how to name, change location coordinates and enter waypoints
- Navigate Goto's
- Learn how you can navigate to a selected point on the map page
- Understand in a classroom demo how to freely download Basecamp
- Find out how you can plan routes in BaseCamp on your PC
- Learn how you can manage GPX files and save on your PC
- See how you can send a route to your GPS
- Follow a route sent to your GPS from Basecamp
- See a tracklog on your GPS and navigate Backtrack
This course right for you if?
You do not own a GPS or have any experience of using one (in which case we will have a new generation Garmin GPS for you to use on the day). Have your own GPS but wish to learn how you can navigate more safely on the hills, send user data like routes to/from your device & PC and make the most of the geocaching features on offer.
This course will cover all new generation Garmin devices; New eTrex, Dakota, Oregon, GPSMap64s, and Montana ranges.We will provide a suitable setup sheet for each devise for you to keep for future reference and use on the day and we will explain all jargon & technical features as we go along
SPECIAL OFFER - Book onto both days (Saturday and Sunday for only £140.00, rather than £160.00) and get our Bronze support package (Worth £50.00) for 1 year at no extra cost, just add both days to your shopping cart and the discount will be applied.
Falkland Town, Fife - KY15 7BX - (road miles to)
Perth – 17 miles
Dundee – 24 miles
Edinburgh – 37 miles
Glasgow – 56 miles
Aberdeen – 89 milesview terms