There is nothing in your basket!
- A look at the Garmin range of GPS watches
- The Best Handheld Outdoor GPS unit - Summer 2020 March 2020
- Going off grid - your options, both for tracking and satellite communication February 2020
- Garmin mapping options for outdoor GPS
- Charging a Garmin GPS watch from a power pack
- Garmin GPS units - Weight and size of outdoor GPS units
- The best GPS Unit for Geocaching January 2020
- Best Outdoor GPS Unit 2020 November 2019
- Pre-Christmas chat - Garmin Fenix 6 range
- Best Outdoor GPS Unit 2019 and 2020 October 2019
- Size comparison Garmin GPSMAP66s v Garmin GPSMAP86s September 2019
- Review and differences of the Garmin Fenix 6 GPS watch July 2019
- Interview with Casio about the Casio Pro Trek Smart WSD-F30 GPS watch April 2019
- Best battery options - Garmin GPS unit
- Portable Power February 2019
- Garmin inReach - satellite communicators - what are they?
- A look at the range of GPS watches from Garmin December 2018
- Our first look at the Garmin Instinct Watch
- Christmas 2018 - What is the best outdoor GPS unit? October 2018
- Review of the Garmin GPSMAP66s - first look at it
- Screen size on a GPS, how much more map can I see on a large screen? September 2018
- Interview with Garmin - GPSMAP66s July 2018
- Garmin Fenix 5 plus - unboxing and looking at map page May 2018
- We look at the size, weight and control options for the Satmap Active 12 and SatMap Active 20 GPS units
- We look at the size, weight and the control functions of the range of Garmin handheld GPS devices
- Garmin inReach Mini Unboxing April 2018
- NEW 2018 Mapping now with Routeable Trail Data within the National Parks February 2018
- Review - Garmin inReach - Podcast extract
- A look at the GPS Training online resource January 2018
- Garmin Connect IQ apps - Extract from GPS Training podcast November 2017
- The top 8 differences between the SatMap Active 12 and SatMap Active 20
- Best Outdoor GPS unit - Christmas 2017 - best reviews and prices October 2017
- SatMap Active 20 - 3 months in
- What is the best mid-prices walking, cycling and multi-activity GPS Device?
- What is the best top end walking, cycling and multi-activity GPS Device?
- On a budget what is the best walking, cycling and multi-activity GPS Device?
- Touchscreen gloves for outdoor GPS September 2017
- Review - Garmin Fenix 5x
- Wikiloc App - using on iPad alongside a Garmin Oregon 700 and 750
- Turn by turn routing - Garmin TOPO Great Britain PRO mapping July 2017
- SatMap Active 20 - review June 2017
- Wikiloc App Review for Garmin Oregon 7 Series March 2017
- Review - Spot3 personal tracker February 2017
- Garmin GPSMap276Cx - review January 2017
- Garmin inReach review October 2016
- Garmin TOPO Active v OS mapping
- SatMap Active 12 - review and overview September 2016
- What is the best GPS navigational device for walking and cycling in UK
- Video review - best Outdoor GPS unit currently on the market - a look through the Garmin models currently on the market
- Garmin Oregon 600/ 650 and Oregon 700/ 750 - what are the differences August 2016
- Oregon 700 and 750 - review January 2016
- What is the best winter and four season Outdoor GPS unit
- What is the difference between the eTrex 10, eTrex 20x and eTrex 30x?
- What is the best touch screen Garmin GPS unit on the market?
- What are the map options available for a Garmin GPS? November 2015
- Best Outdoor Handheld GPS - 2016 August 2015
- Garmins TopoActive maps v Ordnance Survey maps
- eTrex Touch 35 - Video review July 2015
- eTrex Touch Review - First Thoughts
- Garmin European Recreation Map June 2015
- Popular eTrex 20 Handheld GPS has been upgraded to eTrex 20x, what the difference? May 2015
- Garmin Edge Touring: 2 GPS devices designed with cyclists in mind
- Best Garmin Outdoor GPS unit April 2015
- Satmap Active 12 review - for walkers
- 2015 GPS Review - the best current GPS unit on the market March 2015
- Memory-Map TX3 and Memory-Map TX4 review
- Garmin GPS - Oregon 600 and 650 - review
- SatMap Active 12 review - what's different than Active 10
- Planning walks for a SatMap - Xpedition and SatSYNC
- How tough is your Garmin GPS?
- About Garmin BaseCamp - free route planning software February 2015
- The NEW - Memory Map TX3 GPS & Smartphone
- Which is best GPS for walking in Outdoors and Countryside in UK - Garmin, Satmap or Memory Map
the reviews from GPS TrainingApril 2020
join our mailing list to receive offers and updates.
Thu 2nd April 2020
When you first look at purchasing a GPS watch it can be a bit of a minefield. Therefore, when looking at the Garmin range of GPS watches there are a number of things you need to consider. I hope this breaks it down nice and easy into the key points to look at and take into consideration. To summarise what is covered in the video the key things to look at and consider when looking at a GPS wat...read on...
For the second quarter of 2020 I thought it would be good to have a fresh look at the best budget, top end and large screen GPS units on the market for the summer of 2020. I very much appreciate many people have personal preferences, but after teaching people...read on...
If you are looking for 100% connectivity for both tracking and also so you can message whilst off grid there are a number of options. We look at and discuss both the positive and negative sides of – 1. Mobile phones, using in the countryside 2. SPOT S...read on...
In the UK there are several mapping options for an outdoor GPS. In this short video I show you each of them in Garmin BaseCamp so you acn see what each of them looks like. The Garmin mapping options for an outdoor GPS are - 1. Topo Active – covers 4...read on...
A number of you have been asking us regarding how a GPS watch performs when charging a Garmin GPS watch from a power pack. In this video we are using a Garmin Fenix 5s, but we have tried it with different watches (Fenix 5 plus and Fenix 6s) and a 30 minute ch...read on...
In this video we look at the Garmin range of GPS units. What are the proportions, both the screen and physical size of the GPS unit. Also, what is the weight of each of the Garmin range. If you have any questions please do get in touch, why not request...read on...
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Once downloaded onto the GPS device you navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache hidden at that location. There are some bas...read on...
For the first quarter of 2020 I thought it would be good to have a look at the best budget, top end and large screen GPS units on the market for the coming year. I very much appreciate many people have personal preferences, but after teaching people how to us...read on...
As we approach Christmas 2019 we chat with Tom, from Garmin, about the Garmin Fenix 6 range of GPS units, and look at some of the the key features and differences between the models. Garmin Fenix 6 - Pro - black with black band - more Garmin Fenix 6s - Pro...read on...
Best Outdoor GPS Unit 2019/ 2020 It has been an interesting year in the world of outdoor GPS navigation and a couple of new players have rightly muscled themselves into the list of the best outdoor GPS unit for the end of 2019 and also looking forward to 2020...read on...