About Garmin BaseCamp - free route planning software
Sun 1st March 2015
Use Garmin's free computer software to make the most of your outdoor activities Basecamp allows you to plan your trips, review your performances, organise, save and send your data to/from your Garmin GPS, add maps and share your adventures and experiences with your friends or online.
Use BaseCamp to plan your next trip; select the activity to match your adventure from hiking, biking,motorcycling, driving or off-roading trip.
You can view maps, plan routes, and mark waypoints and tracks from your computer and then transfer them to your device.
BaseCamp displays your topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles.
You can load map data from your handheld device, or import maps you've downloaded or purchased on DVD or MicroSD™ card.
Use the drawing tools to create waypoints, routes and tracks to plan in basecamp on your computer. View your planned route and view elevation changes, helping you estimate the difficulty of a hike or bike ride.
Let Basecamp plan the perfect route for your next trip; select your activity & starting point on the map then select your destination and watch Basecamp calculate the route (with turn by turn directions) for you - depends on the routing capability of the map you are using. Possible with most Garmin & TrailMaster maps.
Download your current or saved tracks to BaseCamp and review your performances, save and share your adventure.
Garmin Adventures provides a free, interactive way to share your hikes, bike rides, road trips and more. Using BaseCamp, you can combine track logs, waypoints, geotagged photos, YouTube® videos and more into an adventure that gets published online. You can then email a link to your adventure to friends and family, share it on social media sites or even post it in your favourite forums. BaseCamp even makes it easy to follow in the footsteps of other travellers by allowing you to search for and download adventures.
Basecamp (4.3.1 and above) is now enabled for printing with Custom & OS Discoverer maps; simply draw a route or track and print with route superimposed on map.
Download for free BaseCamp for Windows
- Windows Vista Service pack 2 or later is required. Machines with XP, SP3, Vista with no service pack or Vista service pack can use BaseCamp 4.2.5 available here. .NET framework 4.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft)
- 1GB of system memory is required, 2GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps.
- A video card that supports Open GL version 1.3 or later is needed to view in 3D
- If you experience problems when interacting with map views make sure you have current video card drivers.
- Basecamp will recognise all MapSource products except BlueChart
- Basecamp does not work with serial GPS devices.
Download for free BaseCamp for Mac
- Intel-based Mac running OS 10.6 or higher
- 1024 MB or RAM (2048 MB recommended)
BaseCamp Mobile is an app for iPhone® that enables you to download and review information collected from your Fenix™, Oregon, GPSMap64s/st and Monterra GPS onto your phone. Then view info on a map for a complete visual record of your trek. See if you stayed on trail or let yourself get lost in the trek. Review all your saved routes, waypoints and other trek data on your iPhone 4S and plan the perfect repeat trek or share with family and friends. We are expecting to see a BaseCamp mobile app for Android in the 2015