There is nothing in your basket!
- Garmin Outdoor GPS Units - With OS mapping
- Garmin GPS units - with full GB 1:50k maps
- Garmin GPS units - with full GB 1:25k maps
- Garmin GPS Units - With Birdseye voucher
- Garmin Outdoor GPS Units - With TopoActive
- Garmin Outdoor GPS Units - With TOPO light
- Garmin GPS units - with no maps
- Garmin inReach - Satellite Communicator
- Satmap GPS units
- SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger and Tracker
- Garmin Wrist GPS Units
- Garmin Cycling GPS Units
- Reduced to clear - GPS & Wrist Units
handheld gps units
- Garmin GPS Accessories
- Satmap GPS Accessories
- Power and Batteries
- GPS Support Packages
- GPS - Online resource - Online training courses
- Garmin - fitness products
- Garmin Mapping
- Satmap Mapping
- Open Street Maps - Garmin GPS
- Open Street Maps - Garmin GPS and PC
- Open Street Maps - Garmin GPS and Mac
- Digital Maps - Memory Maps
All orders in the UK - £3.95
join our mailing list to receive offers and updates.
Garmin with 1 - 50k: Garmin GPSMap66i with TOPO Great Britain PRO 1:50k
Our Price: £649.00
Includes Free Gold Support Package
Precise navigation meets global communication in the rugged GPSMAP® 66i. Using inReach® technology, the button-operated GPS handheld and satellite communicator1 lets you trigger an interactive SOS to GEOS and enables two-way messaging and location tracking via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network.
Navigate confidently with preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping, direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads, multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support, navigation sensors and LiveTrack capabilities. Wireless connectivity lets you access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live right on your device.
With a satellite subscription, you can get basic weather updates offline. Pair with the Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you plan trips and manage routes, collections and waypoints, use tracks and review trip data from the field.
During extended activities, turn on Expedition mode for up to 200 hours of battery life in 30-minute tracking mode.
- Rugged GPS handheld and inReach satellite communicator with Garmin TopoActive Europe mapping
- Large 3" sunlight-readable colour display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the GEOS 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center; two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TopoActive Europe mapping with direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads (no annual subscription); includes multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
- Compatible with the Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field.
- Precise navigation meets global communication in the rugged GPSMAP® 66i. Using inReach® technology, the button-operated GPS handheld and satellite communicator1 lets you trigger an interactive SOS to GEOS and enables two-way messaging and location tracking via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network.
----- ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR GPS FROM GPS TRAINING -----
PLUS - We don't just sell you a box with a GPS unit in. In with the price we teach you how to use it via our online training course (online resource), give you free factsheets and training manuals (in with your unit) and are only ever a telephone call away if you ever need any help.
PLUS - All GPS units are kept in stock and is sent out Royal Mail Special Delivery, so it will be with you the next working day (if ordered before 15.30).
PLUS - We also will take your old GPS as a trade in, to get a value for your GPS unit please click here.
Buy and Learn from the experts - GPS Training.
With this GPS purchase you get our 'gold' support package for 1 year (see below) - worth £145.00
Built for tough treks
The sturdy, button-operated GPSMAP 66i features a large 3" colour display you can see even in bright sunlight. If you're out in the field for long stretches of time, you can turn on Expedition mode and get up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology. In the default tracking mode, you get up to 35 hours of battery life, and your device will save your location every 10 minutes.
inReach Satellite communication
Staying in touch is vital, even on less challenging trips. Using inReach technology (subscription required), this handheld lets you trigger an SOS to the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team for interactive support in an emergency. It also enables two-way messaging and LiveTrack location sharing via the 100% global Iridium satellite network, so you can stay in contact with loved ones, teammates, headquarters and more.
Navigate with confidence
GPSMAP 66i is fitted with the best in Garmin navigation. Preloaded Garmin TopoActive Europe mapping provides detailed views of topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points. Direct-to-device downloads of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery provide high-resolution photo-realistic views of your route, trailheads, clearings and more — without an annual subscription. Support for multi-GNSS combined with altimeter, barometer and compass navigation sensors lets you track and navigate in challenging environments.
Wireless cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather for up-to-date forecasts, including predictive maps for temperature, wind, precipitation and clouds — right on the handheld when connected to Garmin Connect Mobile.
Pair with your mobile device
The free Garmin Explore mobile app lets you plan, review and sync data, including waypoints, routes, activities and collections. Review completed activities while still in the field, even when you're off the grid. The app also lets you sync your GPSMAP 66i with your compatible mobile device so you can access unlimited maps, aerial imagery and U.S. NOAA charts. You can even use all of the inReach features on your paired mobile device. For easier messaging, you can access your phone's contact list from the Garmin Explore app to connect with fewer keystrokes. Plan for future trips and review previous activities from the Garmin Explore website.
Physical dimensions - 6.6 x 16.3 x 3.5 cm
Display size - 3.8 x 6.3 cm; 3" diag (7.6 cm)
Display resolution - 240 x 400 pixels
Display type - Transflective colour TFT
Weight - 241 g
Battery - Rechargeable lithium-ion
Battery life - Up to 35 hours at 10-minute tracking; up to 200 hours at 30-minute tracking (power save mode)
Water rating - IPX7
Memory/history - 16GB
Interface - High-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps & memory
Preloaded maps - Yes (topographic)
1:50 TOPO GB PRO map card
Storage and power capacity
microSD™ card slot
Waypoints/favourites/locations - 10,000
Track log - 20,000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit archives
Compass - Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
Outdoor recreation features
Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads)
Geocaching-friendly - Yes (Paperless)
Custom maps compatible
Sun and moon information
Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyse, categorise and share data)
Trigger an interactive SOS with 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center: Yes
Send and receive text messages to SMS and email: Yes
Send and receive messages with other inReach® users, exchange locations: Yes
Track and share location with friends and family on web-based MapShare® portal: Yes
Virtual keyboard for custom text messaging: Yes
Garmin Explore™ compatible: Yes
Garmin Connect™ IQ compatible: Yes
Wireless compatible: Yes (Wi-Fi®, BLUETOOTH® and ANT+®)
Map segments: 15,000
Active weather: Yes
Request weather forecasts for current location and planned destination: Yes
Smart Notifications: Yes
Live Tracking: Yes (with Garmin Explore)
BirdsEye direct to device: Yes (no annual subscription required)
MIL STD 810G ruggedness for thermal, shock and water performance
RINEX Logging: Yes
in the box
- GPSMAP 66i
- 1:50k Topo PRO GB map card
- Access to Birdseye Satellite Imagery
- Charging/data cable
- Carabiner clip
1. How much are the service plans for Garmin inReach products?
You can find these online here.
2. When do I choose and activate my inReach service plan
You do this online with Garmin as you register and set up your inReach Satellite Communicator.
3. Does the Garmin inReach work using mobile phone signal?
No, and communication (text messages and e-mail) is done using the global Iridium satellite coverage.
4. What is TopoActive mapping that this GPS comes pre loaded with
Garmins TopoActive mapping for 47 countries in Europe. Features topographic coverage for : Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia (Kaliningrad only), San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the Vatican City.
5. How do I access my free training that I get when I buy a GPS from GPS Training?
• You will receive everything you need to access this in with your GPS.
• You will receive a username and password so you can access the GPS online resource (online training course) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
6. What countries is the Active Weather alerts available in?
Active Weather is currently available in United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Austria and Slovenia, with partial coverage of the North Italy.
6. Garmin Connect Mobile Bluetooth® Minimum Device Requirements?